] Hesjedal Media: Tourist

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Tourist

Today I thought I'd post a few photos of some of the fun stuff that we did when Sal and Mike came out to visit. This actually only covers a few of the highlights, which makes me realize just how much we packed into a few days!

First up, we visited Mission Dolores and its beautiful graveyard, which is the resting place of many prominent people from the early days of San Francisco.




As I mentioned before, we spent an afternoon downtown with LPC, and along the way we stopped to check out an interesting art installation called Manifest Destiny.


We attended BarBot 2012, where we drank cocktails made by robot bartenders.




We interacted with the wildlife in Sausalito...


...and went for a walk in the redwood forest at Muir Woods.





We enjoyed the great view of downtown from Dolores Park, followed by some shopping in nearby Noe Valley.


We also headed over to Treasure Island where the beautiful Bliss Dance, which was first displayed at Burning Man 2010, now has a permanent (or at least semi-permanent) home. I couldn't imagine a more fitting spot for her to end up.




Having out of town friends come and visit gives me a chance to play tourist in my own city, which is always such a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment