] Hesjedal Media: Flashdance

Monday, March 12, 2012

Flashdance



When I originally put this outfit together I topped the sheer tunic with my cropped Asos top with the sheer back. It almost worked, too, and I did like the sheer-over-sheer effect. However, the way the wide neckline of the cropped top revealed the straps of the tank top just wasn't quite right; too many Flashdance memories, I suppose. Incidentally, click on over to Wendy Brandes' latest installment for the Huffington Post, featuring me and a bunch of fellow bloggers sporting sheer garments.

I bought both the pants and the shoes on an afternoon that Sal and I spent lunching and shopping with LPC. In a very uncharacteristic move, I walked into the John Fluevog store and walked out with possibly the most conventional pair of shoes they've ever produced. But a pair of basic, retro-styled black pumps has been on my shopping list for ages, and I had decided I was going to stick to my shopping list during Sal's visit and not allow myself to stray, despite there being several other pairs that caught my eye. Also on the shopping list: colorful, skinny pants. Since this purple pair had bonus leather panels on the calves, and they were on sale, it was really a no-brainer.

This outfit was inspired by this one from Sea of Ghosts, but for my version I covered up a bit more and opted for the demure pumps to make it more age and work appropriate. I love how the leather detail on the tunic pairs mirrors the leather panels on the pants.

Cardigan: Express
Tunic: Audrey Cantwell
Pants: Rag & Bone
Shoes: John Fluevog

No comments:

Post a Comment