] Hesjedal Media: Chance Comments

Friday, March 9, 2012

Chance Comments


It got so warm a couple of weeks ago in SF that I got spring fever and wore cropped pants and sandals -- which was awesome in the early part of the day, but freezing and miserable by the time I left work. However, it was totally worth it to have my toes out there in the breeze for one glorious morning. And hey, it was still only February at that point, and not many people in the Northern hemisphere can boast of being able to wear sandals in February. I still love you SF, even though your late February evening almost gave my toes frostbite.

You may have already seen on Sal's blog that she and Husband Mike were out here visiting for several days, during which time we pretty much packed in as many events and sights as we could possibly pack in. After they arrived in town we had lunch at the always awesome Brenda's, hit 2 great local shops, Wonderland and Jeremy's, and finished with an evening at NightLife. And that was just the first day. More on their visit to come.

Have you noticed I'm growing my hair out lately? For now it's just the bangs, but who knows where it might go from here. In the last few months I've gotten used to seeing my face with my forehead exposed, and I'm finally to the point where it looks natural to me, and possibly better. I always fancied my face as being long, and thus the forehead was something to be covered, but looking at it now I think my face is in fact quite oval. It's interesting to make this observation for the first time at age 42, especially since my belief in the notion of needing bangs dates back to a thoughtless comment from a relative when I was about 8 years old. It occurs to me how ridiculous it was to have held onto that belief for so long simply because 34 years ago someone told me I had a long face.

How have chance comments from others shaped your self image? Have you overcome those impressions or do you still hang onto them?

Shirt: Michael Stars
Vest: Cotélac
Pants: Cynthia Steffe
Sandals: Michael Kors
Bag: Foley + Corinna

No comments:

Post a Comment