] Hesjedal Media: Apparent Lengths

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Apparent Lengths


When I put this outfit together I was 100% convinced I had paired this dress and vest before, but on perusing my archives I see it isn't so. Here I thought I was being completely unimaginative and was only changing up the boots, and instead I had created a whole new outfit. Score!

I like the fact that this dress can be adjusted to different apparent lengths simply by scrunching up or pulling down the stretchy lining, since that opaque line is visible through the sheer layer. Here I wore it at hip length to create a longer leg line; I find that for me the upper hip tends to be a flattering spot for tops to sit. The hem of the lining can actually reach nearly to the bottom of the sheer upper layer (on the short side anyway), and if I were going to wear it that low I would probably pair it with a higher heel.


Dress: Asos
Vest: All Saints
Pants: Club Monaco
Boots: Brako
Bracelet, crystal and silver ring: Metal Pointu
Pearl and silver ring: Manu Lizarralde

No comments:

Post a Comment