] Hesjedal Media: Edwardian Ball 2012

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Edwardian Ball 2012


As promised, here are a couple of photos from the Edwardian Ball, which was fabulous as always. My friend Fawn had never attended the ball before, so I fitted her out for the occasion by loaning her my ruffled top from Sequoia and Gita and one of my self-made hats.

All year long I had been intending to create an elaborate costume involving my Marie Antoinette wig, but somehow it just never came together. Instead I recycled this outfit, which is what I wore to our friends' Victorian/steampunk style wedding at the Bohemian Grove back in October. It was pretty good, but not nearly as over the top as it might have been. One would be hard pressed to come up with an outfit that's too elaborate for the Edwardian Ball. In fact I'm certain it would be impossible.

The highlight for me this year was the upstairs level, which hadn't been opened up in past years. Turns out there's a whole other ballroom on top of the main ballroom at the Regency, and it had a bizarre, mysterious vibe like something straight out of a David Lynch film. Any minute I expected to see Isabella Rossellini come out and start singing Blue Velvet.

For more info about this year's ball, click to read what SF Weekly had to say about it, or take a look at this slideshow.

Vest: Lumme Designs (formerly Attila Design)
Dress: from a shop in Copenhagen
Hat: made by me
Boots: John Fluevog

No comments:

Post a Comment